Powered by FeedBurner

what it's like

med students have always been viewed by a lot of people (not all though..just some) as serious, competitive, boring, no fun individuals who eat their books for breakfast, lunch and dinner. if they think of us that way, then they are mistaken. we have our great weaknesses as well and in my case..my overpowering, fiercest foe--is SLEEPINESS. is it due to my lack of sleep the night before 'cause of studying(drinking, partying??), did i happen to eat too much during breakfast/lunch(hyperglycemia/soporific) or is it because the lecture got so boring?? i dunno..could be due to any of the above given reasons..fortunately, we got something called coffee. lol. (i'm becoming tolerant though..the instant coffee has no effect on me as far as i'm concerned. i need brewed coffee or kapeng barako instead. anyone from batangas who's reading this blog? :p


lost carlos


oh no! got caught!

another thing you wouldn't miss is that most of us also have this OC trait. it's ok as long as it's just a trait and it doesn't interfere in the normal social and occupational functioning of a person.
med students have this passion for highlighters(check dak's site for proof)-stabilo, staedtler, faber-castell and the like-they are our bestfriends. to some highlighting had become an art resulting to highly colored notes and books wherein everything is highlighted(as in the whole paragraph or the whole page even) ill show you a sample next time. for now, here is my friend james with his bestfriends. i think he needs more or less 5 highlighters at a time everytime he listens to lectures. he makes notes at the same time as well. sipag di ba? :)

----
countdown: 20 days to go til my blog turns 1!


post signature

11 comments

  1. dak/james  

    September 3, 2008 at 9:00 AM

    Hahaha... Buti na lang wala ako dito! Hehehe...

    At parang hindi ako masyadong qualified sa mga nasabi mo... Hehehe...

  2. my-so-called-Quest  

    September 3, 2008 at 4:35 PM

    sarap matulog sa class! hahaha.
    at ang multicolored handouts. makulay na makulay dapat. hehehe

    advnace happy 1 year! hehe

  3. Jun  

    September 3, 2008 at 8:29 PM

    hahaha i totally get wat u meant by sleepiness being our fiercest foe! then again, it bothered me when, during our final exams last yr, most ppl i know were suffering from chronic slp deprivation, while i was the opposite!! gah!

  4. Anonymous  

    September 4, 2008 at 3:55 PM

    ako laging sleep deprived hahaha...people are wondering nga kung me bedsore na ako...

  5. Anonymous  

    September 6, 2008 at 8:55 PM

    I didn't take up medicine (my parents wanted me to) but I am a stabilo freak as well. My notes in school, my books, my training manuals at work and my to-do list journal - all colored with stabilo. My preference is neon green but I also use other colors for color coding! He he.

    BTW, Batangueno nga pala ako and you're right, nothing beats kapeng barako!

  6. KRIS JASPER  

    September 7, 2008 at 12:29 AM

    advance happy anniversary sa site mo.

    anyway, ako gusto ko ring matulog habang nag wowork. at least binabayaran ako habang natutulog. lol. (joke lang).

  7. Spife  

    September 7, 2008 at 3:23 PM

    cobra energy drink, anyone? (although I don't drink that hehe)

  8. Anonymous  

    September 7, 2008 at 7:07 PM

    i use 2 colours of high lighter only.. hahaha

  9. KCee  

    September 8, 2008 at 1:11 AM

    Hi Girl!

    Tagged you HERE. Have a great week ahead! :)

    KCee

  10. jexamine  

    September 9, 2008 at 10:32 PM

    yung utol ko before was studying medicine. 2 semester na lang meron na sana kaming doctor sa family but something unexpected happen and d na nya natapos yung course. after almost 10 years, nung last 2 sem pa sya nag-buckle hhhaaaiiizzz... kakapanghinayang..

  11. Anonymous  

    September 13, 2008 at 11:55 PM

    mas nakakalito ata ung madaming kulay,,, ako gang lapis lng ang pgunderline.. mahal kasi ung buk, ayoko madumihan. nyahaha

blog readability test
"i'm glad i had the chance to clean up my fridge and got away with the old rotten fish i've been keeping for years...now i'm back, sailing and fishing..and i think the gods are with me, because the waves are coming to me..with it are varieties a lot better than the fish i once had..."
Your Ad Here